The Data and Information Systems Laboratory (DAIS) conducts fundamental and cutting-edge research in Databases, Data Mining, Web Mining, Information Retrieval, and Bioinformatics.
Current topics include:
- Data mining
- Text mining
- Information Network Analysis
- Construction of Information Networks from Unstructured Data
- Knowledge Discovery in Spatiotemporal data, Trajectories Data and Cyberphysical Systems
- Mining Social Media Data and Opinion Mining
- Multi-Dimensional and Online Analytical Processing of Text Data
- Sequential and Structured Pattern Discovery
- Recommender System
- Effective Classification and Clustering Methods
- Truth Discovery and Trustworthy Information Analysis
- Interactive databases
- Entity-centric search and integration over unstructured text
- Information extraction
- Information integration
DAIS Area Research Groups
A few of the DAIS Area Research Projects
DAIS research projects are continually evolving, growing, and multiplying. You can view additional projects through the DAIS faculty websites.
An Old Article about Our Research
ACM SIGMOD Record published an article in its September 2002 issue about the database research we’re doing here at UIUC.